Lahore: June 14, 2010. First National Conference of Advocates Pakistan with the co-ordination of Centre For Legal Aid Assistance & Settlement (CLAAS) held on May 29th, 2010 at National Council of Churches in Pakistan (NCCP), 32/B Shahrah-e-Fatima Jinnah, Lahore Pakistan. The topic was “The role of Christian Advocates for Justice”.
More than fifty Christian Advocates and Church dignitary participated the conference. Miss Katherine Sapna Program Officer served as facilitator. The first session chaired by Rt. Rev. Samuel Robert Azariah, Bishop of Raiwind Diocese, Moderator Church of Pakistan. Mr. Victor Azariah General Secretary (NCCP), Mr. Saleem Khursheed Khokher Advocate, Member Provincial Assembly Sindh Province and Mr. Ezra Shujat Advocate, President Advocates Pakistan shared their views on the topic.
The second session was chaired by Mr. Sohail Akhtar chairman Students Christian movement Pakistan (SCM). Mr. Raiz Anjum Advocate, Mr. Ilyas Javaid Advocate and Mr. Tariq Javaid Tariq Advocate shared their views on the topic. The participants unanimously appreciated and encouraged Mr. Ezra Shujat and CLAAS office for arranging this fruitful National conference and conformed their full confidence and trust on Mr. M.A Joseph Francis as honorary Chief Patron and Mr. Ezra Shujat advocate as President Advocates Pakistan and assured their full support and co-operation.
The house unanimously passed the following:
1. To Condemned the terrorist attack on minorities’ worship places in Pakistan, specially the most recent attack on two worship places of A Minority sect “Ahmadis” (who claim themselves Muslim but the Muslims treat them as minority) on May 28th, 2010 were 89 persons brutally killed and above 200 injured by the terrorists.
2. To join hands with Trinity Law College Lahore Pakistan for its uplifts and promotion.
3. To affiliate Advocates Pakistan with Advocates international.
4. To struggle for the repealment of Black discriminatory Laws i.e. Blasphemy Law which are the Hanging sword for the Christians in Pakistan.
5. To struggle against the discriminatory clauses in the Constitution of Pakistan which are against the Human Rights charter of United Nations?
6. To struggle to protect the Rights of Christians and other minorities at large in Pakistan.
7. To established and raise funds for the uplifts and help of the Christian Advocates and to provide Financial Assistance to the fresh law graduates for the enrolment in bar council.
8. To struggle for the uplift of the Christian community at large in Pakistan.
9. To guide and make way for the Christian advocates for Higher education by finding Scholarships for Higher Education inside and abroad the country.
10. To provide political awareness to the Christian advocates so they can serve the community at large.
11. To struggle for the women rights in Pakistan and to stop forced marriages by forced conversion to Islam.
12. To provide legal help to the religious persecuted victims and sexually abused women.